Admission of Undergraduate students to Wilberforce University requires:
- A high school grade point average of 2.0 or above.
- Official High School Transcripts.
- Submission of SAT or ACT Scores.
A transcript is considered official only when it is mailed directly from your high school to Wilberforce University. Transfer students must have their college transcripts on file before they can be accepted. No set score for the SAT or ACT is required, but a score must be submitted to the institution.
Wilberforce University also welcomes transfer students from community colleges, two, and four-year colleges and universities. Potential transfer students will need:
- A completed Wilberforce Admissions Application.
- An official high school transcript (if less than 30 credit hours were obtained at previous institution).
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution, college or university attended.
Note: Transfer students are required to be in good academic standing, have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and be re-admissible to their previously attended institution.
Forward your application and supporting credentials to:
The Office of Admissions | Wilberforce University
P.O. Box 1001
Wilberforce, OH 45384
Students must be officially accepted for admission to the School of Graduate Studies before registering for graduate credits.
Students seeking admission to the Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling Program must first meet the admission requirements of the Graduate Program.
Students must apply to the MRC Program within six weeks prior to the start of the student’s first term of enrollment. The priority deadline for applying is April 1 for the Fall Semester and October 1 for Spring Semester.
Applicants must submit:
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (except from WU).
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals in related social services fields.
- A completed Graduate Rehabilitation Counseling Program application.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- An Autobiographical Statement up to three pages in length, double-spaced, typed.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- GRE or MAT scores.
Have a copy of your GRE or MAT scores sent to the Graduate Program. An acceptable score on the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) should be taken within the last three years. This requirement may be waived if the cumulative undergraduate GPA is 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Admission into the Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling program will require an interview with the Program Director prior to acceptance. Applicants will be evaluated in academic performance and potential, career goals, personal characteristics, writing skills, and leadership ability.
All documents received by the university in connection with applications for admission become the property of Wilberforce University. Under no circumstances will they be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any agency or other college or university. *International Students must also submit TOEFL score in recent two years and a notarized statement of Affidavit or Support that indicates the manner of financial support available to applicant during his/her study at university.
Admittance to enter the CLIMB program requires the applicant to have a minimum of 60 transferable semester (90 quarter) hours of credit from a regionally accredited college or university or an earned Associate Degree. Substantial work experience, responsibilities in supervisory and/or program development are essential.