Wilberforce University welcomes transfer applicants from community colleges, two and four year colleges and universities:
1. Complete the Admissions Application.
2. In certain cases, an official high school transcript may be required. You will be notified by the Office of Admissions if said requirements are needed.
3. Submit official transcripts from each post-secondary institution, college, or university attended. Note: Transfer students are required to be in good academic standing, have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and be re-admissible to their previously attended institution.
4. Attach a $20.00 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order payable to Wilberforce University) to your application.
5. Forward your application, fee and supporting credential to: The Office of Admissions, Wilberforce University, P.O. Box 1001, Wilberforce, OH 45384-1001.
To The NEW WU Admissions Site! While you will only be able to sample a small part of Wilberforce on your virtual visit, you will walk away with a great feeling of exciting things that are happening at Wilberforce, the nation's oldest private historically black college or university.
International students are considered for admission as new students and transfer students. The procedures for admission of new students apply to international students. Additionally, an applicant whose native language is not English iss required to submit:
1. A test score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- 500 as the minimum acceptable level of performance.
2. An affidavit of sponsorship. - The affidavit of sponsorship must indicate the source and availability of the sufficient funds to cover all educational costs while studying at the University. The statement must be notarized by the American Consulate in the applicant's country or by a bank and sent to the Office of Admissions.
The application, complete scholastic records, such as General Certificates, transcripts and other documents, and TOEFL scores, and certified affidavit of sponsorship must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
Congratulations on your acceptance to Wilberforce University-where belonging is easy and excellence is expected. Attending Wilberforce makes you a lifelong member of an elite group of distinguished individuals who, like you, chose to begin their adult lives here. The shared Wilberforce experience transcends time and distance to create a network of support that will be available to you wherever you may go.
At Wilberforce, you'll discover facets of yourself you never knew were there. Distractions fade away in our peaceful surroundings, giving you the space you need to look within…as fresh ideas excite your intellect…as extraordinary mentors awaken new ambitions…as professional work experiences ignite career possibilities… as fellow students invite you to lead.