Transfer Students

Wilberforce University welcomes transfer applicants from community colleges, two and four year colleges and universities:

  1. Complete the Admissions Application.
  2. In certain cases, an official high school transcript may be required. You will be notified by the Office of Admissions if said requirements are needed.
  3. Submit official transcripts from each post-secondary institution, college, or university attended.
    Note: Transfer students are required to be in good academic standing, have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and be re-admissible to their previously attended institution.
  4. Attach a $20.00 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order payable to Wilberforce University) to your application.
  5. Forward your application, fee and supporting credential to:

    The Office of Admissions
    Wilberforce University
    P.O. Box 1001
    Wilberforce, OH 45384-1001.

International Students

International students are considered for admission as new students and transfer students. The procedures for admission of new students apply to international students, as well. Additionally, an applicant whose native language is not English iss required to submit:

  1. A test score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with 500 as the minimum acceptable level of performance.
  2. An affidavit of sponsorship that indicates the source and availability of the sufficient funds to cover all educational costs while studying at the University. The statement must be notarized by the American Consulate in the applicant's country or by a bank and sent to the Office of Admissions.

The application, complete scholastic records, such as General Certificates, transcripts and other documents, and TOEFL scores, and certified affidavit of sponsorship must be submitted at least sixty (60) days prior to the beginning of the semester.