The Venerable Wilberforce University invites candidates who are fully committed to the mission and values of Wilberforce University to apply for the Adjunct Spanish Instructor position. You will be responsible for classroom instruction for courses in Spanish. Only faculty who have taught in-person on a collegiate campus will be considered for the position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Instruct students in all aspects of Spanish
- Instruct students in Spanish course work
- Create syllabi, course materials, and assignments to support course learning outcomes as defined by the State of Ohio
- Ensure that students achieve course learning outcomes as defined in the syllabus
- Maintain electronic records (using Canvas) of student performance, progress, and attendance
- Complete, as directed, all start and end of term responsibilities, including submission of no-show rosters and final grades
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Earned Ph.D. (or1 year of completing degree) in foreign languages or at least 18 graduate hours in Spanish.
- Two years of teaching experience
- Experience using online learning management systems (Canvas)
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences
- Ability to employ a range of classroom/instructional technologies
- Flexible availability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create an engaging learning environment that respects a wide variety of viewpoints
- Effective time management skills
- Proficiency with online communication and record-keeping
- Ability to work independently without ongoing direct supervision.
- Sensitivity to the needs and concerns of diverse student populations, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
- Ability to take and deliver constructive criticism
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Master’s degree or higher in Spanish or Master’s degree or higher in a foreign language and at least 18 graduate hours in Spanish.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching mathematics and its applications to undergraduate engineering students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Adjunct Spanish Instructor position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.