Wilberforce University seeks an experienced Admission Data Entry staff. The incumbent in this position shall provide data oversight and input skills for the performance of difficult and varied duties in the preparation, processing and maintaining of records, correspondence and files. The incumbent may develop his/her own work routines and handle responsible duties with independent judgement in accordance with established policies and practices of the Admissions department.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Preferred two years of experience with data input duties and responsibilities.
- Should be able to type 65 WPM.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and other similar database programs.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Banner, Jenzabar, and other operating systems is desirable
- Must be willing to participate in on-going training on systems and procedures.
- Incumbent must have a pleasant personality in talking with students, their families, University personnel and visitors and must have the ability to cope with interruptions.
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure and be able to handle several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Admissions Data Entry position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.