Pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records. Processes Time and Efforts and Employee Leave.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Experience with Banner/Ellucian Software
- Experience with ADP or related payroll systems is a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word)
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply, please us the “Apply for Job” button below to submit a cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com