Pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records. Processes Time and Efforts and Employee Leave.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must maintain confidentiality, Knowledge of Banner, Experience with ADP, Managing processes, Data Entry Management, Reporting Skills, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards, Financial Skills and Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Experience with Banner/Ellucian Software
- Experience with ADP or related payroll systems is a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word)
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply, please us the “Apply for Job” button below to submit a cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org