Recruits students by developing alumni networks; evaluating recruiting techniques and materials; interviewing prospective students and initiating campaigns to induce students to attend the university.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops a network of alumni by identifying and training successful alumni willing to help recruit students; coordinating the network’s activities.
- Develops a profile of students attracted to the college by conducting research; interviewing applicants; designing questionnaires for current students; analyzing questionnaire results; conducting focus groups.
- Evaluates recruitment techniques by determining the effectiveness of each recruitment technique used by admissions; discerning the appeal of admissions literature; defining the expectations of the college to be instilled in incoming students by the admissions staff.
- Recruits students by visiting university’s and attending college nights
- Welcomes prospective students by processing paperwork; interviewing applicants; arranging and conducting campus tours; conducting follow-up activities such as letter writing and phone-calling campaigns with the Graduate Coordinator.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Traveling 80% to 90%
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Must have 2 years of experience with preparing for self-studies and site visits.
- Dynamic Communication and Organizational Skills
- Familiarity with career outlooks
- Problem solving skills
Salary will commensurate with abilities and experience.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Recruiter position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org