Under the direction of the current INTERIM Director of Campus Police and Safety, and the Lead Officer, provides a safe and secure environment for the University Community and all of its members. Provides a variety of services which enhance the quality of life on campus. Maintains satisfactory working relationships with peers, supervisors, students, faculty, staff, local police and general public.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforces State, Local and University Rules and Regulations:
- Responds to calls and complete investigations reporting same on an incident reports
- Provides aggressive foot and vehicle patrol, paying particular attention to unlawful, unsafe or suspicious activity.
- Challenges suspicious person and notify the appropriate staff.
- Appears in court as needed.
- Enforce all parking rules and write parking tickets.
- Participates in the professional development of the University and Department :
- Participates in staff meeting as requested.
- Promotes an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout the university community.
- Participates in departmental training.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required such as:
- Vehicle assistance, i.e., jump starts, vehicle unlock, unlock/lock office doors, monitor residence life activity, conduct security check throughout the campus, and monitor activities at special events.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the positions that will be given this title and shall be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind of level of difficulty.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Security Monitor position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.