The Staff Accountant position reports directly to the Controller. This position will be responsible for the oversight of several general ledger accounts. This will include the monthly close and reconciliation of those accounts and any analysis necessary to ensure the accuracy of the balances stated on the general ledger. The Staff Accountant position will prepare ad hoc reports and schedules as requested by financial managers. This position will participate in administration of larger campus events as needed. As well as assist in daily posting of payments to student accounts, reviewing proper student account charges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Updating documentation of procedures related to the general ledger accounts assigned.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for assigned GL accounts and others as needed.
- Produce periodic and ad hoc reports and schedules as requested.
- Provide assistance in the annual external audit process.
- Provide assistance to monthly and fiscal year and closing processes.
- Ensure proper and consistent financial accounting methodology, techniques, and policies are used in University Operations.
- Provide support for campus events as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business management a must.
- Excellent skills in spreadsheet design and Microsoft Office applications.
- High degree of organizational skills, accuracy and flexibility.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Banner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and possess a high level of organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience working in business office setting
- Knowledge of GL account reconciliations
- Experience with Banner/Ellucian Software
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word)
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply, please us the “Apply for Job” button below to submit a cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com