Responsible to the Bursar for collecting receivables generated by cashiers; preparing federal and state reports on accounts receivable; disbursing balance of aid, tuition refund checks and new e-refunds; reconciling and monitoring student accounts; assisting with management of multiple loan portfolios and completing standard reports; assisting and counseling students; supervising classified employees; and performing other related duties as assigned. Assists in the management, supervision and guidance of cash receipts, accounts receivables, loan accounting, and administration. Responsible for registration fee payment/student financial aid disbursement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the collection of tuition and receivables.
- Supervises departmental receipting and reconciliations.
- Reconciles receivables.
- Counsels and assists students and parents on financial matters.
- Disburses balance of aid and tuition refunds.
- Supports and maintains interface between Banner cashiering system and university student and
- Supervises cashiers and assists with overall Bursar office supervision.
- Manages Bursar vault and petty cash activity.
- Implements and supports online processing Marketplace for online payments using multiple merchant
- Serves as backup in the absence of the Bursar.
- Produces ad hoc and state reports using Argos and spreadsheets.
- Creates correspondence for students and others.
- Manages payment plan for tuition and fees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or bachelor’s degree in business; three to five years experience working with computer spreadsheets, databases and word processing; knowledge of emerging e-commerce systems and online transaction processing; two years supervisory experience required; three to five years accounts receivable or general ledger experience preferably in higher education.
- Knowledge of generally accepted banking, personnel, billing and collections procedures.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of proper reconciliation procedures and applicable federal and state laws.
- Knowledge of personal computers including word processing, web technologies, databases, spreadsheets, relational database design and ecommerce solutions.
- Knowledge of report writer tools for ad hoc reporting, Argos.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with students, employees, and the public.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply, please us the “Apply for Job” button below to submit a cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com