What You Need to Know:
A significant viral outbreak of a new type of Coronavirus named “2019 Novel Coronavirus” or “COVID-19” is affecting a large number of countries around the world, including the United States.
- At this time, there are no known cases in Ohio.
- While the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers this a serious public health concern, the immediate risk to the American general public is considered low at this time.
- For updated information on the international outbreak, follow:
- The daily World Health Organization Situation Report,
- The Center for Disease Control Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary,
- Or the Greene County Public Health Precautions for COVID-19.
What Can You Do?
Practicing the following routine hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of infection:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol hand rub regularly, especially after coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Anyone who is ill should keep a safe distance (at least 3 feet) from others to reduce the risk of transmitting germs.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well. If you’re seriously ill, seek medical advice from a health care provider or emergency department.