All students must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial aid (including student loans). Applications are available January 1, and students and their parents should complete/submit the FAFSA as early as possible. Early filing lets us receive the results via the federal processor by our priority filing date of March 15th.
Complete the FAFSA online: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Tips for completing the FAFSA:
- Before completing the FAFSA over the Internet, parents and students should create a FSA ID. The federal processor will not process the FAFSA application unless it is signed electronically using the FSA ID.
- Follow the FAFSA application instructions carefully.
- Gather all of your financial information before starting the FAFSA.
- Enter the School Code 003141 in the school section of the FAFSA so that Wilberforce University can receive your information.
- Although we recommend submitting the FAFSA electronically, the completed paper FAFSA can be mailed to the processing center. It generally takes four to six weeks by conventional mail. The Federal Processing Center will send a Student Aid Report (SAR) to the student after processing your FAFSA.