Maintains and records invoices and cash entries in the accounting system. Responsible for employee credit card statements, expenses reports, and requests for advances. Provides support for the Business Office and assists with other projects and audit related items as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and records invoices and processes ACH and regular check payments in a timely manner.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by creating, verifying, and recording cash transactions and other necessary entries.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances.
- Record employee credit card expenses and reconcile statements.
- Maintains departmental records and filing system.
- Completes other departmental projects and audit items as needed.
- Provides assistance to Bursar as necessary.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-2 years of Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Banner preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Accounting Clerk position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org