The Accounts Payable Accountant will perform a variety of routine and non-routine financial functions. The Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for data entry and reporting within the University’s various financial systems. In addition, the Accounts Payable Accountant will resolve complicated transactional issues, prepare summaries, and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Manage full-cycle accounts payable, including but not limited to processing of vendor invoices and campus credit card statements, and review of travel and expense reports
* Collect, organize, record, and maintain related historical information
* Enters invoices and processes vendor payments
* Reconcile vendor invoices and statements.
* Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
* Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; and issuing requests to Staff Accountant for stop-payment.
* Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
* Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
* Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
* Reconciliation of vendor statements and follow-up with vendors
* Ensure compliance with College policy while carrying out daily processes
* Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
* Prepares and issues annual IRS forms 1099 and 1096
* Maintains records and files of financial transactions
* Assists with annual audit and routine internal audits as assigned
* Open mail daily.
* Prepares journal entries as needed
* Performs routine clerical duties
* Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Other responsibilities, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of Tracking Budget Expenses, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word)
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Accounts Payable Accountant position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org