The Administrative Assistant assists with the general duties and coordination of Business and Finance projects and serves as a liaison between internal units and external agencies. Develops, coordinates, and facilitates the execution of specified projects and initiatives for the Office of the Business and Finance. Conducts research, prepares reports, and handles information requests from the Vice President (COO).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides special assistance to the Vice President (COO) for the management and administration of the day-to-day operations of the Division of Business and Finance (including answering the telephone, filing, taking minutes, scheduling meetings and conference calls, etc.)
- Provides comprehensive assistance and administrative support to the division of Business and Finance. Including prepare agendas, minutes, project summaries and handouts as needed.
- Arrange travel schedule and expenses for Vice President of Business & Finance (COO) and as needed for other Business & Finance team members.
- Serve as a liaison between the Business & Finance and other university administrators, faculty, staff, the Board of Trustees, and other key stakeholders
- Assist in planning of university-wide events, including coordinating with vendors, facilities team, etc.
- Occasionally supervise work study students.
- Assist with purchases, business expenses, credit card and leave processing, managing correspondence and organizing and tracking confidential materials.
- Prepare agendas, minutes, project summaries and handouts as needed.
- Administers special project assignments through the appropriate department heads, external agencies, and vendors.
- Generate purchase orders as necessary
- Assist senior financial officers as needed
- Prepares draft communiqués to internal and external constituents as directed.
- Serves as the backup for divisional departments
- Other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Administrative Assistant- Business & Finance position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com