The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to all staff and constituents in the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Serve as a liaison between the OIA and other university administrators, faculty, staff, the Board of Trustees, and other key stakeholders,
- Maintain a rigorous daily calendar for Vice President of Advancement including scheduling meetings and conference calls.
- Arrange travel schedule and expenses for Vice President of Advancement and as needed for other Advancement staff.
- Assist in the planning of OIA events, including coordinating with vendors, facilities team, etc.
- Occasionally supervise work-study students.
- Assist with purchases, business expenses, credit card and leave processing, managing correspondence, and organizing and tracking confidential materials.
- Process donor checks and reconcile with finance department monthly.
- Rapidly respond to donor and stakeholder needs, questions and concerns.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Prepare agendas, minutes, project summaries, and handouts as needed.
- Track endowment status and reporting deliverables.
- Pull reports as needed, track KPIs, and budget goals for advancement reports.
- Pull lists for annual appeals and donor engagement activities including pledge reminders.
- Files donor records, (both hard and electronic copies).
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Two to five years of office experience, preferably in a fundraising or non-profit environment, (preferably in higher education).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent phone mannerism and customer skills.
- Experience with Office 365 and Raisers Edge.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a sense of urgency around deliverables.
- Project management skills, including organizing tasks and materials.
- Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and display excellent judgment, while operating in a flexible and professional manner in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Reliable, with a passion for the Wilberforce mission, and determined to succeed.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Administrative Assistant – Institutional Advancement position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org