This position reports to, and works in collaboration with, the Director of Admissions for the process of matriculating students from inquiry to student, managing external communications, and works alongside Admissions Counselors regarding applicant files and updates. This position serves in a data-processing role, performing duties related to application processing and data maintenance of all new applicant files by updating and maintaining records for prospective students. This position will require high volume data entry and the on-going development and maintenance of a detailed tracking and correspondence system. The data entry team periodically generates reports to check files and/or database for data accuracy and completeness of files. Data entry staff members create and edit forms and documents as needed as well manage specific projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Banner, Jenzabar, and other operating systems.
- Must participate in on-going training on systems and procedures.
- Must have a pleasant personality in talking with students, their families, University personnel and visitors and must have the ability to cope with interruptions.
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure and be able to handle several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Counsels/advises prospective students
- Assist in developing and maintaining current internal policies and procedures.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality of student admissions records by enforcing provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires some weekend and evening hours
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Two years of experience with data input duties and responsibilities.
- Type 65 WPM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and other similar database programs.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Admissions Data Entry position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org