To assist in the management of all activities related to the Office of the Registrar including serving as custodian of student records, in a manner that is consistent with the College’s mission and accreditation standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop, interprets and delivers effectively structured support services such as verification of student enrollment, certification of graduation, production of transcripts and diplomas.
· Assist with providing oversight of registration and registration reporting processes.
· Protect confidentiality of student academic records by enforcing the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA).
· Prepare timely and accurate reports as mandated by state and federal agencies.
· Prepare annual and semester schedules in consultation with the Office of Academic Affairs.
· Generate reports and statistical data to assist in strategic and annual planning.
· Resolve student disputes as they relate to the Office of the Registrar.
· Coordinates and review of candidates for graduation and provides documentation of completion of degree requirements to the Academic department.
· Consistently and fairly administer all student and academic policies as they relate to the Office of the Registrar.
· Perform related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Master’s degree in a related field.
· Experience with the Banner and Canvas system.
· Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience in at a college or university Registrar’s Office or related experience, including student information systems experience and technical skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with students, administrators and external agencies.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, internet and email.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Assistant Registrar position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org