The Behavioral Health Workforce Coordinator and Recruitment Specialist at Wilberforce University will play a pivotal role in the direct monitoring, management, and recruitment efforts of the behavioral health workforce program. This position requires a dynamic individual with strong leadership skills, a passion for program success, and the ability to actively recruit and engage with prospective students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations of the behavioral health workforce program.
- Monitor and adjust program activities to maximize efficiency.
- Collaborate with instructors and academic advisors on curriculum and academic programming.
- Organize and assign internship assignments for program participants.
- Take a leadership role in ensuring program goals are met.
- Serve as a liaison between all stakeholders with an interest in program success.
- Collaborate with instructors and academic advisors to enhance program effectiveness.
- Coordinate behavioral health recruitment activities and events.
- Schedule recruitment visits and community informational activities.
- Actively engage with admissions recruiters to align recruitment efforts with program goals.
- Proactively identify and prospect future behavioral health professionals.
- Focus on expanding outreach to low-income and diverse populations in shortage areas.
- Conduct targeted outreach to attract candidates who align with program objectives.
- Assist with screening applications for admissions, including SDS Career testing.
- Ensure applicant adherence to project criteria, including Medicaid service mandate requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Adept at using technology for program management and recruitment efforts.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health or related field.
- Proven experience in program coordination and workforce management.
- Previous recruitment experience in the behavioral health or related field.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Behavioral Health Workforce Coordinator and Recruitment Specialist position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.