- To provide safety and security services, protecting the President, personnel and property by enforcing the laws and policies of the State of Ohio and Wilberforce University.
- Alarm systems, and communication equipment, dispatching staff as needed. Implements university access control procedures at entrances.
- Responds to emergency calls, making initial assessments of situations using tact, diplomacy and judgment.
- Resolves violent and potentially violent situations.
- Provides security and protection to university, visitors, staff and students by patrolling all campus areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current Ohio Peace Officer Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Prior police/security experience utilizing Community Policing Philosophies
- Must be able to speak and communicate effectively and in a professional manner
- Able to work flexible hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must submit to drug test
- Must submit to a background check
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Campus Police Officer position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com