Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects buildings and other structures to assure functionality of systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check list.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballasts, sockets, fuses, etc. using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g.) replacement or repair of leaks in drains and fittings, unclogging of drains and replacement of components on plumbing fixtures
- Safety/bio-hazard maintenance such as clean ups, spills, etc.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work.
- Order parts and maintain required documents
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability to read, writes, speak and understand the English language
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use common hand and power tools
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of high school education
- Three years working experience in facilities maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVA, and carpentry
- Color vision
- Ability to push a minimum 100 pounds; ability to lift minimum 75 pounds
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking etc.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Certified Facilities Maintenance Technician position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com