Responsible for the overall integration and implementation of the strategies and initiative to deliver upon the transformation goals developed by the Board of Trustees and the University President for a sustainable path forward for the University. A substantial part of the role will be managing the Cooperative Education Program. The incumbent will be responsible for communicating the status, progress and issues to the President and work closely with the Cabinet in integrating strategic planning and continuous operational efficiency and improvement. The CTO will create an accountable and transparent environment for successful implementation of the University’s transformation goals. The CTO will also be expected to pursue the development of business opportunities and income revenue streams traditionally not undertaken by the University.
The CTO will report directly to the President and will provide informed, data-based input in decision making regarding the University’s transformation strategies, initiatives and goals by reporting at the President’s Cabinet meeting as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops business opportunities and income revenue streams traditionally not undertaken by the University
- Works with the President and Cabinet to define and translate the University’s transformational goals into key performance indicators and measurable outcomes.
- Develops an Action Plan to assure the successful implementation of the transformation strategies, goals and outcomes.
- Aligns with key University initiatives and strategies that require collaboration and timely visibility into progress and delivers on the implementation of the Action Plan.
- Works with the Office of Business and Finance to establish systematized, financial tracking of progress against key performance indicators.
- Establishes effective management routines to monitor transformation projects to keep work on track while identifying issues early
- Lead the university effort to implement transformation including maintain stakeholder engagement, lead stakeholder analysis efforts, manage stakeholder expectations;
- Keeps President and Cabinet informed of progress and challenges;
- Participate in ventures relevant to the promotion and improvement of Wilberforce University and the transformational efforts underway at the University;
- Provides internal project management coordination with all departments and units at the University with attention to those departments/units directly engaged in transformation strategies;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven project management, organizational change management experience;
- High performing individual;
- Strong oral and written skills and sound business judgment
- Emotional intelligence and ability to perform in a high stress environment with limited resources;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong networking and influencing skills;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred;
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in organization change management and transformation, business development and/or business revenue management;
- Able to maintain a flexible schedule;
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Chief Transformation Officer position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com