The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. We are looking for a detailed oriented, experienced data analyst with a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages information to support corporate decision making.
- Manages and improves existing reporting systems.
- Performs complex analyses.
- Conducts and facilitates (and educates and trains on) analyses, issues identification, organizational risk assessment, and decision-making processes.
- Provides consulting and analytic services to leadership.
- Provides technical support and mentoring and training.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
- Analyzes problems and determines root causes.
- Defines company data assets (data models), jobs to populate data models.
- Works closely with all business units to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Data Analyst Qualifications / Skills
- Advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Conducting big data analysis
- Developing software and data models
- Developing algorithms
- Business analysis
- Business process modeling — enterprise to department level
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience
- Five+ years data analyst or related experience, including proficiency with analytical software or equivalent related education
- Proficiency in statistics, data analysis, and research methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, decision making, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, teamwork, written communication, group presentations, group process facilitation, influence, results orientation, strategic thinking, and team building
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and other analytics software such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Data Analyst position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com