The Director of CLIMB provides leadership in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, marketing, review and evaluation of the CLIMB Program. This position serves as a key member of the Academic Affairs team and is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the department’s curriculum, advising, student recruitment, registration, orientation, graduation, and student activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate and provide leadership to faculty in the development of adult education curriculum;
- Ensure that CLIMB curriculum, course outlines, syllabi, and instructional materials are aligned to appropriate state and federal standards (HLC Higher Learning Commission);
- Regularly use data to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula to ensure achievement of department objectives;
- Actively pursue opportunities to maintain a current knowledge and curricular trends, research, and best practices, reporting findings and making recommendations to the Academic Affairs leadership team as needed;
- Evaluate and recommend CLIMB programs, standards, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with college and funder guidelines;
- Manage all aspects of recruitment, registration, and orientation of new and returning students;
- Develops, implements, manages and monitors CLIMB academic advising processes;
- Direct programming services to meet the needs of students;
- Coordinate textbook adoption activities leading staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student-groups learning needs;
- Serve on department subcommittees (graduation, student activities), as well as campus committees as needed;
- Supervise and evaluate the performance and duties of assigned staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience (five years minimum) working with adult learners from diverse backgrounds;
- Experience (five years minimum) in instructional leadership;
- Experience developing standards-based curriculum.
- Experience developing and implementing programming designed to increase adult student engagement, retention and success
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience with teaching assessment and accreditation
- Experience in online education and delivery platforms
- Knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment;
- Knowledge of the Curriculum Standards and Practices in Adult Education as outlined by the Council of Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL);
- Knowledge of adult learning theory;
- Understanding of HLC requirements.
- Ability to provide leadership to and stimulate cooperation and collaboration of instructional
- Strong presentation, facilitation, organizational, and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to hold others to high standards while offering support and maintaining positive relationships;
- Proficient in analyzing and developing strategic responses to academic data;
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Director of CLIMB position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com