The Director of Grants writes proposals, grants, and reports for government, foundation and corporate donors and prospects potential new donors and assists in the creation of specialized correspondence for individual donors and University Stakeholders. The Director of Grants also tracks the grants progress, provides donors and stakeholders with quarterly reports, and shepherds grant funding to completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to be clear and precise. Positive and collaborative team player with a high degree of initiative and self-discipline. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams and Zoom. A passion for the mission of Wilberforce University and the students we serve.
- Writes letters of inquiry, proposals, grants and reports for foundation and corporate funders.
- Works closely with development staff responsible for foundation and corporate relations.
- Discerns programming objectives and financial needs and effectively translates this information into proposals aligned with the University’s funding priorities.
- Conducts local and national prospect research to identify potential new funders.
- Collaborates with program staff and faculty as well as the advancement and finance team to develop proposal language and budgets that comply with funders’ requirements and aligns with their priorities.
- Tracks letter of inquiry, proposal and report deadlines and works with internal staff to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Partners with the Advancement staff to create specialized correspondence, letters of acknowledgement, email solicitation and proposals for individual donors and prospects.
- Enters all corporate and foundation letters of inquiry, proposals, grants, and reports into the Raiser’s Edge database.
Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or a related field. 3+ years’ grant writing experience preferred. Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT is highly preferred. Knowledge of federal grants and Grants.Gov software.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Director of Grants position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org