Wilberforce University seeks a Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research to develop and manage all activities related to institutional research, and effectiveness at the University. The selected candidate will be responsible for training and guidance regarding evidence-based decision-making and continuous improvement to all campus constituencies. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and works closely with other senior leaders of Wilberforce University.
Wilberforce University is located in Xenia, Ohio approximately 12 miles from Dayton Ohio. The University is the older private historically Black College or University in the nation. Wilberforce University enrolls approximately 1,000 students. The University offers 17 majors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage/operate systems that support the institutional effectiveness, assessment, and accreditation functions, including Institutional Research and other programs assessing the effectiveness and performance of University departments.
- Serve as liaison to the Higher Learning Commission.
- Supports accreditation processes for separately accredited programs and departments.
- Assist with development of assessment plans for external grant proposals and with assessment of successful grants if needed.
- Chair or co-chair several institutional committees related to accreditation, assessment, strategic planning, and data governance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Manages data collection and submits all external data requests.
- Facilitates the academic program review process.
- Support institutional strategic planning.
- Masters in Educational Research/assessment, or a related field, such as program evaluation, institutional research, or educational assessment is required with a doctorate preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and supervising employees responsible for those projects is required.
- Prior experience in institutional research, including using frozen data, program assessment, or strategic planning in higher education, or related functions is preferred.
- Experience extracting/using Banner or a similar SIS platform.
A background screening will be required.
Application Due Date: October 20, 2023
Job Start Date: November 10, 2023
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.