We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Director to design and implement marketing strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness.
If you’re interested in leading our PR team to write effective press releases, build online communities and coordinate events, we would like to meet you. You will use your creative ideas to drive PR initiatives that’ll bring long-term success. Also, you’ll coordinate with internal teams (e.g., Marketing and Communications) to maximize brand consistency in all advertising efforts.
Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g., web, social media, etc.)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals.
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation.
- Monitor and report inaccurate and negative dialogue on University social media sites.
- Support all departments department with marketing needs, while ensuring University marketing compliance.
Special Projects as assigned: Manage University website and updates, capture images during University events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote the University and its successes.
- Ensure brand consistency in all advertising efforts.
- Organize PR events to increase awareness of the University.
- Track and influence media coverage.
- Answer phone calls and respond to general inquiries.
- Work experience as a Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role.
- Experience coordinating successful PR campaigns.
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson if needed.
- Creative abilities.
- Team management skills.
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals.
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or relevant field.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Director of Public Relations and Marketing position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.