Under the direction of the Director of Emergency Preparedness, provides a safe and secure environment for the university community and all its members during this global pandemic. The Health and Safety Monitor will be trained and become proficient as it relates to COVID-19 and mitigating its effect on the campus community. Provide a variety of services which protects the quality of life on campus for students and the safety of the work environment for all employees. Maintain working relationships with peers, supervisors, students, faculty, staff, Greene County Public Health, and all external and internal constituents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enforces State and local public health orders and University COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
- Perform daily symptom assessment at entry points and follow temperature taking protocols.
- Focus on eliminating or minimizing health and safety risk.
- Heighten safety awareness for students and employees.
- Conduct daily communication rounds campus wide during high traffic times. The Monitor will be vigilant while conducting these rounds.
- Promote behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Teach and reinforce the use of face covering and handwashing.
- Intercommunication and interaction with university community and the public.
- Participates in staff meetings and departmental training as requested.
- Promotes an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout the campus community.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee may perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management staff as required.
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a High School education or equivalency, and at least three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
- Valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to use related office equipment, including PC monitor, keyboard and printer, telephone, copier.
- Willingness to work any shift to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to handle prolonged exposure to climatic weather.
- Ability to confront a variety of unknown conditions which could prove to be extremely dangerous.
- Physical Requirements: carry, file, lift, reach, sit, write, climb, hear, pull, read, stand, type, drive, kneel, push, see, and stoop. Must also possess the ability to walk long distance and to be on your feet all day.
- Mental Requirements: advise, compare, evaluate, interpret, organize, supervise, analyze, decide, inspect, measure, plan, work independently, calculate, diagnose, instruct, negotiate and problem solve.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level confidentiality.
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Organization, attention to detail, flexibility, and strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work without supervision and demonstrate considerable initiative.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Health and Safety Monitor position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com