The Office of Institutional Advancement at Wilberforce University, Wilberforce, Ohio is seeking applicants for a full-time Marketing Manager.
This role will be responsible for creation and implementation of a comprehensive annual marketing plan to maximize the brand of Wilberforce University based on data and current marketing trends. This role will manage all publications and dissemination of promotional materials, social media, web and new media accounts. The position will oversee media communication efforts related to programming, content dissemination, advancement, donor, vendor and alumni relations. The marketing manager will assist in driving University communications and the revenue generating lines of business on campus, including but not limited to student enrollment and advancement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties include but are not limited to:· Guided by the University strategic plan, the marketing manager will develop and implement strategic, data driven annual marketing plans to drive enrollment, advancement and the University brand overall.· Design, conduct, and analyze market research activities; identify specific markets and target applicable audiences.· Stay abreast of research and trends that can impact client and institutional marketing efforts and communicate those trends effectively with the OIA and leadership team(s).· Manage the University Public Relations point of contact and graphic designer(s).
· Track and grow key performance indicators of institutional marketing plans as needed. Generate reports on web and social media traffic and email results; perform gap analysis of content and subsequent content development.
· Participate in promoting events and activities, writing video scripts, writing speeches, and other marketing communications.
· Manage the University website, video & photography catalogue, publications, etc.
· Collaborate with the development and implementation of strategic marketing plan(s).
· Work cross departmentally to create University publications and promotional materials.
· Implement and track the marketing budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field. Three years’ experience as a communications professional. Expertise in WordPress, social media, (Facebook, Snapchat, etc.). Expertise in digital marketing, content
marketing, social media marketing, PPC, display and video advertising, email marketing, website optimization, analytics and Google analytics, digital marketing strategy.
Knowledge of web-based communications, video editing software, traditional, digital, and social media platforms, graphic design principles, email marketing software, desktop computer applications, skilled at media placement, tracking, and reporting written and oral communications. Consulting and client relations, including the ability to balance client services with WU standards and marketing objectives. Writing various formats including press releases, magazine articles, brochure copy, speeches, scripts, and ads. Computer applications, specifically industry-specific software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Multitasking while managing multiple projects and assignments is a necessity.
AMA Professional Certified Marketer, Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification and or Google Certifications preferred.
Ability to manage multiple projects in an efficient matter, stellar attention to detail in the planning and implementation and tracking process.
Experience in higher education marketing. Experience with graphic design programs/software, website design, content management systems, web maintenance and enhancements.
A passion for Wilberforce University’s legacy, mission and students.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
Applications must include the following: resume, name, email address and phone number and at least three references. Provide examples of graphic work experience and written work. Please submit all required materials as an on-line application to:
To apply, please us the “Apply for Job” button below to submit a cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com