The Office of Institutional Advancement at Wilberforce University, Wilberforce, Ohio is seeking applicants for a full-time Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the creation, publication and dissemination of promotional materials, social media, web and new media account curating. The position will oversee media communication efforts related to programming, content dissemination, advancement, donor, vendor and alumni relations and will give an integrated approach to marketing and communications, including public relations, media relations, advertising, graphic design and promotions.
Flexible, weekends and evenings
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
May include but not be limited to:
- Develop marketing plans for donors and/or WU clients as part of an integrated approach to meet requests and to align those plans with WU marketing objectives.
- Stay abreast of research and trends that can impact client and institutional marketing efforts.
- Serve as point person with press, (both print and digital).
- Assist in the execution of advancement, donor and institutional marketing plans as needed including handling media relations, producing publications, writing articles, creating and placing various advertisements, promoting events and activities, writing video scripts, writing speeches, and other marketing communications.
- Contribute skills, knowledge, and creativity as a team member on institutional marketing efforts including web, video, photography, publications, etc.
- May supervise students and/or provide functional guidance of support staff or other employees who work on a project or assignment on a temporary or intermittent basis.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with the development and implementation of strategic marketing plan(s).
- Develop, promote and advance communication and marketing efforts directed towards donors, student recruitment and alumni relations.
- Create graphic and text content publications and promotional materials for student recruitment, college information, events and news communications. Design, develop, and maintain web, social media and print communications; update content and photos.
- Assist in the production of multimedia communications including infographics, slideshows, photographs, maps, and video clips for communications and marketing initiatives.
- Design, conduct, and analyze market research activities; identify specific markets and target applicable audiences.
- Generate reports on web and social media traffic and email results; perform gap analysis of content and subsequent content development.
- Work with multiple design platforms, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, web tools, and utilize best practices related to PR, communications and marketing to current audiences and new audiences.
- Implement comprehensive digital multichannel communication strategies, utilizing an entrepreneurial mindset, abilities in graphic design, and demonstrate capacity to effectively engage others to achieve results.
Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field. Three years’ experience as a communications professional. License/Certification: Knowledge of web-based communications, video editing software, traditional, digital, and social media platforms, graphic design principles, email marketing software, desktop computer applications, skilled at media placement, tracking, and reporting written and oral communications. Consulting and client relations, including the ability to balance client services with WU standards and marketing objectives. Writing various formats including press releases, magazine articles, brochure copy, speeches, scripts, and ads. Computer applications, specifically industry-specific software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Multitasking while managing multiple projects and assignments is a necessity.
Ability to manage multiple projects in an efficient matter, pay attention to detail in the planning and implementation and tracking process.
Passion for the Wilberforce University mission, team performance and meeting deadlines.
Experience in higher education marketing. Experience with graphic design programs/software, website design, content management systems, web maintenance and enhancements.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Marketing Manager position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
Applications must include the following: resume, name, email address and phone number and at least three references. Provide examples of graphic work experience and written work. Please submit all required materials as an on-line application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com