This position will provide administrative support to the Office of the President and with all aspects of friendraising/fundraising and the scheduling of meetings related to these critical functions. Assists in the preparation, research and gathering of materials and information for meetings and events. Incumbent will interact with all levels of the organization, including Advancement and campus leadership, major donors, and prospects, and international, governmental and community contacts and organizations. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the President and works closely with other professionals in the unit and across all campus levels including but not limited to the President and the Chief of Staff.
Success in this position requires exceptional time management and communication skills with a meticulous approach to managing details.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrative support for the President’s Office, and Chief of Staff (50%) to include but not limited to creating and distributing reports, and data entry in multiple software systems.
- Donor research, meeting scheduling, campus event scheduling (50%).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Basic research skills in discovering and garnering contact information of prospective donors.
- Ability to schedule and maintain follow-up contact with prospective donors until deal have been closed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced environment; must have excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- High school diploma
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Meeting Scheduler and Donor Research Coordinator position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.