The Credentials for Leadership in Management and Business (CLIMB) at Wilberforce University, Ohio offers undergraduate degrees in Organizational Management, Criminal Justice, Information Technology, and Health and Human Services. The CLIMB program is seeking multiple adjunct instructor positions for the 2021-2022 academic year for the
Criminal Justice Administration
Health and Human Services Administration
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach up to nine (9) credit hours per term, depending on enrollment pipelines, and department/area needs.
- Communicate instruction in ways which effectively encourage and stimulate student learning
- Use instructional technology in line with the needs of the course and discipline.
- Support online (Canvas) efforts, and work with other relevant units of the university to facilitate and promote student success. Proficiency in synchronous and asynchronous modes of virtual instruction is a must.
- Distribute, and submit syllabi for all assigned sections in accordance with college and university policies. Syllabi will list key student learning outcomes, provide a breakdown of course content, and specify valid assessment devices and breakdown of grades.
- Evaluate and return student work in a timely manner and maintain accurate records of student attendance and progress
- Submit intermediate (census date reporting), mid-term and final grade rosters according to established deadlines
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in regard to student interactions and information.
- Maintain posted departmental hours in accordance with departmental and college policies and procedures.
- Attend all faculty and college meetings and institutes. Attend some workshops/seminars dealing with instructional or faculty development topics, each semester.
- Submit completed course assessment forms (with documented student-learning evidence) at the end of each semester. Work with area faculty on program assessment and curricular enhancements. Write reports and help with data analysis as needed.
- Stay current with professional knowledge and technological underpinnings in the field.
- Work with other area faculty and with admissions, to help grow the program and increase student enrollment
- Work with other area faculty, the Co-op office, and employer networks to facilitate relevant internships and graduate school opportunities for students.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in the specific field of study (Management and Business, Organizational Management, Criminal Justice, Information Technology, and Health and Human Services).
- Experience in online course development and teaching.
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving student learning and to help students succeed at the course and program level. Proficiency in synchronous and asynchronous modes of virtual instruction is a must.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the capacity to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community.
- Demonstrated skills (at least 1 year experience) in using modern educational technology, including multimedia-based instructional methods, and use of online platforms (WU uses Canvas) for synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Must be a team player, working with the Dean and other faculty in the
Submit a detailed CV (including contact information for three references), unofficial transcripts, and a Statement of Teaching Philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to Assistant Vice Present of Academic Affairs at email@example.com by February 28, 2022. Official transcripts for all post-secondary degrees and successful completion of a background check (including reference checks) will be required prior to the date of hire.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Multiple Adjunct Instructor Positions in the Credentials for Leadership in Management and Business (CLIMB) Program position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org