The College of Professional Studies at Wilberforce University, Ohio offers undergraduate degrees in Business (Accounting, Management, Marketing); Engineering and Computing (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering); and Life/Health Sciences (Biology and Health Services Administration). The College of Professional Studies is seeking multiple Assistant Professor tenure-track positions.
Health Services Administration
Quantitative Business Analytics
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach 12 credit hours per semester, depending on enrollment pipelines, and department/area needs. Should be able to teach a spectrum of courses in the specific field of study.
- Plan, organize, and communicate instruction in ways which effectively encourage and stimulate student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies and use instructional technology in line with the needs of the course and discipline.
- Serve as an Academic Advisor to students
- Support classroom and online (Canvas) efforts, and work with other relevant units of the university to facilitate and promote student success. Proficiency in synchronous and asynchronous modes of virtual instruction is a must.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi for all assigned sections in accordance with college and university policies. Syllabi must list key student learning outcomes, provide a breakdown of course content, and specify valid assessment devices and breakdown of grades.
- Evaluate and return student work in a timely manner and maintain accurate records of student attendance and progress.
- Submit intermediate (census date reporting), mid-term and final grade rosters according to established deadlines.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in regard to student interactions and information.
- Maintain departmental office hours in accordance with the departmental and college policies and procedures.
- Attend all faculty and college meetings and institutes. Attend workshops/seminars dealing with instructional or faculty development topics, each semester.
- Assist with Student Orientation, Student Preview days, Majors Fair, and other events requiring faculty participation.
- Submit completed course assessment forms (with documented student-learning evidence) at the end of each semester. Work with area faculty on program assessment and curricular enhancements. Write reports and help with data analysis as needed.
- Stay current with professional knowledge and technological underpinnings in the field.
- Work with other area faculty and with admissions, to help grow the program and increase student enrollment.
- Work with other area faculty, the Co-op office, and employer networks to facilitate relevant internships and graduate school opportunities for students.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Multiple Assistant Professor Positions in the College of Professional Studies position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com