The Office Coordinator/Project Specialist assists with the management and coordination of Business and Finance projects and serves as a liaison between internal units and external agencies. Develops, coordinates, and facilitates the execution of specified projects and initiatives for the Office of the Business and Finance. Conducts research, prepares reports, and handles information requests from the COO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides special assistance to the COO for the management and administration of the day-to-day operations of the Division of Business and
- Finance (including answering the telephone, filing, taking minutes, etc.)
- Provides comprehensive assistance and administrative support to the division of Business and Finance.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and completes various and multiple projects
- Works closely with divisional department directors and staff to enhance their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Administers special project assignments through the appropriate department heads, external agencies, and vendors.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation before payment
- Perform invoice and general ledger data entry
- Manage credit card program to include reconciliation
- Generate purchase orders as necessaryAssist senior financial officers as needed
- Prepares draft communiqués to internal and external constituents as directed.
- Establishes and maintains successful relationships with the campus community and the public.
- Assists with the coordination and management of university compliance efforts concerning business services.
- Serves as the backup for divisional departments
- Assist with inventory control
- Coordinates Records Retention Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Office Coordinator/Project Specialist position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com