The purchasing specialist prepares and manages required documentation, negotiates with vendors and procures a wide variety of various goods and services in accordance with University policies and government regulations as applicable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Manages purchase requisition requests from departmental staff and faculty.
- Furnishes purchase orders and required documentation to the vendors.
- Negotiates with vendors on a variety of goods and services as it relates to price, delivery, payment, contracts and agreements, specifications, and purchase order terms.
- Monitors vendor performance and compliance, resolve discrepancies, and obtain vendor certifications and certificates of liability insurance when required.
- Make purchases and transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Continue to research new products and vendors that potentially reduces costs for the University.
- Assist with departmental budgets for the University.
- Works closely with Accounts Payable and departmental staff and faculty to ensure proper paperwork for processing payment.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Banner Software, Purchasing Software, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 2 years of purchasing experience in a higher education setting preferred.
- Experience with Banner and purchasing software preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Purchasing Specialist position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com