The Recruiter for the Graduate School and Center for Leadership in Management and Business program (CLIMB) will secure and help grow student enrollment for designated academic programs – the Graduate Program in Rehabilitation Counseling, and the undergraduate CLIMB programs. The recruiter will serve as a representative of Wilberforce University to prospective students interested in online and hybrid modes of education. The recruiter is a front-line sales and customer service representative responsible for prospecting and responding to new and existing inquiries via phone, email, chat, LinkedIn and any other form of professional or social media communication deemed necessary. The recruiter will report to the Director of Graduate Programs and will work collaboratively with other relevant areas such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar’s Office, and Academic Affairs to facilitate and achieve operational efficiencies, and to avoid bottlenecks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for lead generation as well as recruiting and will serve as the initial formal contact for inquiries coming into the university for CLIMB and the Graduate Program. The primary focus will be to sell online and/or on ground degree programs.
- Responsible for generating and converting inquiries to completed applications and for establishing and maintaining relationships with prospective students to help meet enrollment and customer satisfaction goals.
- Responsible for daily prospect pool ranking, management and maintenance through daily prospecting/telemarketing efforts to meet required contact expectations.
- Schedules, plans, and attends information meetings, registration meetings, and/or workshops to recruit and provide information to prospective students.
- Works with the Graduate Coordinator and the CLIMB Staff to facilitate the development of students’ schedules, and their onboarding.
- Schedules and staff recruitment activities include but are not limited to education fairs, military recruitment, corporate visits, visits to hospitals and health care facilities, area rehabilitation and social service agencies, and other activities in support of established enrollment goals for both CLIMB and the Graduate Program in Rehabilitation Services.
- Assist in educating the Dayton, Ohio and larger community about Wilberforce University’s degree offerings in support of university outcomes and strategic marketing initiatives.
- Assists walk-in students with program selection and program questions. Partners with staff and administration in the CLIMB and Graduate Programs and related university offices such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Bursar and Registrar, to make sure students are seamlessly packaged and enrolled.
- Make recommendations to the university marketing plan to recruit prospective students, utilizing a variety of media. Prepare and distribute mailings and emails for recruiting purposes. Collaborate with management, marketing, and recruiting staff on various projects supporting the sales and marketing of University program portfolio.
- Project Management within the CLIMB and Graduate Programs.
- Serve on university committees and attend departmental meetings. Attend training sessions required by the employer(s) to adequately perform the major duties of the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound understanding of recruitment and admissions activities, knowledge of the adult education and graduate education (Rehabilitation Services) market, and knowledge of financial aid practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and sales skills, ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize and meet deadlines and enrollment goals in a fast-paced team-oriented university environment.
- Other duties as needed.
Additional evening and/or weekend hours may be required, as needed. Travel to other locations to assist with recruitment, as needed.
- A minimum of one year’s sales experience in direct or commission-based sales and recruitment is required. Direct recruitment experience in higher education or the education industry is preferred. Strong computer and educational software proficiency required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Banner, Canvas, Admissions software)
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business management, rehabilitation counseling/services, health services, or related field, from an accredited institution of higher education is required.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Recruiter for Graduate Programs and CLIMB position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.