Residence Hall Monitors are responsible for overseeing visitors and admitting students into the residence halls. Receive police calls and coordinate responses. Assist in providing customer service to students and visitors. Work consists of evenings and weekend hours when school is in session. This is a part-time position, weekday and weekend shifts available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor residents according to established residence hall and police policies.
- Man the front desk, walk the halls and check/secure the doors of the residence halls.
- Secure residence halls at the designated time and clear the area of unauthorized persons.
- Check in all visitors and ask all visitors for school ID or government issued photo ID; sign out visitor card in exchange for photo ID and sign them into the visitor book.
- Make sure all visitors are checked out at end of visitation hours by exchanging their visitor card for their photo ID.
- Let Residence Director know about any visitor cards that are still out 30 minutes before visitation hours are over.
- Check lounge for violations, spills, etc.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Answer all phone calls.
- Make out complaint reports or other reports as required.
- Receive fire and emergency calls and contact required personnel.
- Maintain a log of all radio and phone transmissions.
- Notify Chief of Campus Police by comment sheet of any minor incidents.
- Notify Chief of Campus Police or designee by direct contact of any major incidents.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Residence Hall Monitor position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org