The Seasonal Housekeeping Custodian will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of all university teaching and learning spaces, student dormitory, restrooms and office spaces throughout the Physical Plant. Work assignments will mirror the University’s academic calendar schedule, with the requirement to support core-in/outdoor institutional events, such as convocations, homecoming, group meetings and student activities. Occasional event room-set up will be indicated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertaking daily cleaning duties as assigned, throughout the physical plant, to include trash receptacle emptying and repositioning, dusting, polishing, sweeping and washing floors in all teaching and learning spaces (and surrounding areas), student dormitory, restrooms and office spaces (and surrounding areas);
- Maintaining cleanliness and disinfecting all restrooms, restroom floors, walls and surrounding furniture and equipment, and to replenish supplies as required;
- Cleaning of glass windows where required;
- Collection of trash from outside receptacles;
- Reporting health and safety concerns to the supervisor on-duty;
- Adheres to OHSA and FEMA guides specific to the job specification and requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check;
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, sit, move about, hear and speak. Ability to spend most of the work-day standing, lifting, and walking. Ability to lift to 40 pounds and move heavier materials using appropriate equipment. Noise level may be high when operating power equipment. Employee may be required to work outside (weather conditions permitting), and restricted spaces to include crawling and/or climbing as working at heights. Will be required to stand, be on feet, and move around for a full work shift;
- Uniforms will be provided.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Seasonal Housekeeping Custodian – Part-time (30 hours) position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com