Wilberforce University seeks a Senior database administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and PL/SQL for Developers and network administrator in managing the University’s Banner ERP system (Student Database). Responsible for installing, configuring, and administering the production and development databases and database-driven applications. Will work with peers and vendors to solve any issues users may have when using the Banner ERP (Student Database) system and maintain student accounts and information for network access. Will assist in overall planning for the future direction of applications in support of the University’s mission and goals—implementing backup & recovery processes. Ensures optimal performance and availability of databases and applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the Banner system.
- Responsible for ensuring the system meets the needs of the university, employees, and stakeholders.
- Work as part of the Information Technology Services team to ensure the delivery of high-quality business solutions within Banner.
- Involved in analyzing needs, finding solutions, generating rule-based configuration.
- Troubleshooting problems, testing systems, working with third-party vendors.
- Data integration between applications and scheduling job process.
- Develop and support Applications and services as needed.
- Support/troubleshooting user errors related to database.
- Developing automation job scripts and maintenance.
- Development and support Applications and services as specified by our business need.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of the technical architecture of the Ellucian Banner® software suite, including the latest releases of Banner 9
- Experience working with large-scale Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems which includes administering system-level functions and configuration.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated and proven skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Experience with the BANNER(Oracle) database.
- Experience considered a plus in addition to the above-desired experience: Development lifecycle.
- Experience, including requirements, coding, testing, and implementation.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking.
- Good time-management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with approximately 7 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities that include developing and supporting applications Systems.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Senior database administrator position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.