Student Accounts Coordinator reports directly to the Bursar. This position will be responsible for oversight of several general ledger accounts, monthly close, reconciliation, and any analysis necessary to ensure the accuracy of the balances stated on the general ledger. Responsible to the Bursar for collecting receivables generated by cashiers; as well as assist in daily posting of payments to student account and University accounts, proper student account charges and end of day balancing to the general ledger.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform monthly account reconciliation for assigned GL accounts and others as needed
- Provide assistance in the annual external audit process.
- Data entry of accounts payable invoices and journal entries.
- Provide assistance to monthly and fiscal year and closing processes.
- Maintain student account records by analyzing and reconciling accounts.
- Provide counseling to students and parents on financial matters.
- Billing, invoicing, refunding.
- Make arrangements for deferred payments.
- Creates correspondence for students and others.
- Provide support for campus events as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or bachelor’s degree in business; three to five years’ experience working with computer spreadsheets, databases, word processing, online transaction processing, and general ledger experience preferably in higher education.
- Knowledge of generally accepted banking, personnel, billing and collections procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of proper reconciliation procedures and applicable federal and state laws.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, spreadsheet design.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Ellucian (Banner).
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with students, employees, and the public.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the Student Accounts Coordinator position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org