To provide leadership to plan, organize, implement, and administratively manage all activities related to the Office of the Registrar and academic advising, including serving as custodian of student records, in a manner that is consistent with the university’s mission and accreditation standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides leadership, management and coordination for the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office to ensure integrity, maintenance, and integrity of the manual and electronic student records/data.
· Develop, interprets and delivers effectively structured academic support services such as verification of student enrollment, certification of graduation, production of transcripts and diplomas.
· Provides oversight of registration and the registration reporting processes.
· Monitors operation activities to meet goals, ethics and guidelines, and to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and accreditations.
· Protect the confidentiality of student academic records by enforcing the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA).
· Prepares timely and accurate reports as mandated by state and federal agencies.
· Provides accountability for implementing and monitoring policies concerning student enrollment, enrollment verification, academic records, matriculation, transfer work, grade reporting and processing, academic progress, graduation, and degree certification.
· Prepare annual and semester schedules in consultation with the Office of Academic Affairs.
· Generate reports and statistical data to assist in strategic and annual planning.
· Participate in professional and staff development activities and serve on college committees that supports the goals and objectives of the university.
· Resolve student disputes as they relate to the Office of the Registrar, through appropriate research and analysis, and intervention.
· Keep university website updated as it pertains to the Office of the Registrar.
· Coach, and train assigned staff with a performance improvement focus and perform periodic and annual performance reviews as appropriate.
· Coordinates and review of candidates for graduation and provides documentation of completion of degree requirements to the Division of Academic Affairs.
· Consistently and fairly administer all student and academic policies as they relate to the Office of the Registrar.
· Perform related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· A bachelors’ degree with three to five years’ experience in a college or university Registrar’s Office or related experience, including student information systems experience and technical skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with students, administrators and external agencies.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a commitment to outstanding student service.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, internet, and email.
· Ability to assess problems, identify appropriate actions and communicate solutions to management, staff and student customers.
· Ability to counsel students and provide advice and direction as appropriate to resolve issues and complaints.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
· Knowledge of registrar’s office enrollment management best practices and accreditation requirements.
· Perform related duties as required.
· Master’s degree with three to five years’ experience in college or university Registrar’s Office.
· Experience working with Banner.
· Experience working with a diverse environment.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the University Registrar position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.