Provide leadership to plan, organize, and manage all of the activities related to the Student Records and Registration Department, including serving as the official authorized keeper of the university’s student records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the Records and Registration staff
- Organize and administer the records, registration, and graduation functions, including transcript evaluations, and the IAI certification process to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow. Participate and serve as part of the Student Services Team. Lead initiatives that directly impact student records.
- Supervise the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include the printing and preparation of diplomas.
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of student records within FERPA guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, athletic eligibility and ICCB audits and other associated audits.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services offered through Registration and Records.
- Develop and administer the departmental budget.
- Problem solve the research, analysis and resolution of student disputes as they relate to records and registration.
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration/records policy questions.
- Serve as ex-officio member of Curriculum Committee
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the appropriate supervisor.
- Participate in professional development activities and serve on college committees that support the goals and objectives of the university.
- Provide back-up for records and registration services, including registering students, issuing transcripts, answering phones, scanning, reporting grades and working special events.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years’ experience at a college or university Registrar’s Office or related experience, including student information systems experience and technical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, administrators, and external agencies.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, internet and email.
- Ability to assess problems, identify appropriate actions and communicate solutions to management, staff, and student customers.
- Ability to counsel students and provide advice and direction as appropriate to resolve issues and complaints.
- Ability to work some weekends and evening.
- Experience with the Banner and Canvas database system preferred.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is America’s first private, coeducational University established to educated men and women of African descent; and is closely affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Today, Wilberforce is a well-respected private, residential liberal arts university with a clear mission, core values and vision for the future and is a noted pioneer in the Co-Operative Education Movement.
Wilberforce awards the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in the areas of business, engineering and computing science, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences; as well as the Master of Rehabilitation Counseling degree. The University is located in Wilberforce, Ohio, a community readily accessible to the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan centers’ social, professional and cultural amenities and airports.
Wilberforce University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To apply for the University Registrar position, use the “Quick Apply/Submit Resume” button below to submit your information, cover letter and resume to the Wilberforce University Department of Administration and Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org