Congratulations on your choice to become a student at Wilberforce University! As you prepare to join the Wilberforce family, this page is designed to provide information to facilitate your transition to becoming a Wilberforce Bulldog.
The First Year Experience at Wilberforce University includes your transition, courses, special gatherings, academic advising, and mentorship. This page is dedicated to providing you with information until your arrival, for Wilberforce University New Student Orientation.
Are you ready to become a Bulldog?
The checklist below should be completed before you arrive for New Student Orientation. Contact the Office of Admission (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Receipt of Official Acceptance (via mail or electronic)
- Submission of Attendance Confirmation
- Submission of FAFSA and Receipt of Award Letter (WU FAFSA Code 003141)
- Scholarship Notification
- Submission of Final Transcripts
- Submission of Health Forms
- Submission of Housing Contract
Your First Year at Wilberforce University:
July 7, 2020 Summer Orientation and Advising Registration
- SOAR is an opportunity to visit the campus, engage in advising and campus life, and pre-register for Fall classes. We ask all students planning to arrive for Fall 2020 to virtually attend. Please register via the following link: https://wilberforce.edu/virtual-soar-showcase-registration/
New Date will be Announced after July 1, 2020 – New Student Orientation begins with the Validation Process:
- The Validation Process is from 9:00-5:00 p.m. This is an opportunity to complete your final financial aid needs, course placement, payments, and form submission.
- 9:30-5:00 p.m.- Move-In to Residence Halls. Students must complete the validation process in order to move into the residence halls. We recommend students complete the process before they arrive, or make other housing arrangements until cleared move in.
- 3:00 p.m. – Official Welcome Reception with President Elfred Anthony Pinkard
- 2:30-5:00 p.m.- Parent/Family Orientation
- 5:00 p.m. – Farewell Ceremony and Parent/Family and Friends Reception
- 6:00 p.m.- Welcome to the Neighborhood: Dinner with Student Life: Learn about Expectations for Living and Learning in the Community
New Student Orientation Begins!
Anticipating Your Arrival
From now until your arrival, you should begin preparing for your arrival by ensuring all forms and reservations have been submitted and completed. Students who have completed all forms and are cleared will be WU FastTracked and will only have to check-in at Admission and Office of the Registrar. Students who do not complete forms or are not cleared must participate in the on-site Validation process from 9-3 p.m. All incoming students are required to submit or complete the following before you arrive:
- Admission Packet (Final Transcripts and Health and Physical Forms)
- Housing Reservation and Contract (or obtain an approved housing waiver)
- FERPA Disclosure Form
- $100 Deposit (Due to COVID-19 we have waived this fee for students who confirm by June 1, 2020.)
Preparing for your Arrival
Completing forms and submitting reservations is a part of preparing to become a Bulldog, but there is so much more… During the next few weeks please explore this page regularly to prepare for your first year at the WU. Items will be uploaded daily to provide you with new information!
- What to bring 2020
- Roommate Survey
- How to Purchase Books via Akademos Virtual Bookstore
- Placement Testing Schedule (TBD)
- Downloading the WU APP (Coming Soon)
- WU ID, Email & Mailbox Assignments (On arrival)
- Mailing Address – (Your Name), Wilberforce University, P.O. Box 1001, 1055 N. Bickett Road, Wilberforce, OH 45384
Exploring Academic and Campus Life
Academic Life is the most important experience you will have at Wilberforce University. To be successful you must transition to becoming a college student. Successful College Students adhere to deadlines, plan for success, manage their behavior, and ask for assistance to be successful. As you begin your journey to becoming a Wilberforce University College Student, check out these resources!
- Classes Begin – announced after July 1, 2020
- Explore our Academic Majors
- Center for Academic Advising and Student Success (Course Assignments and Tutoring)
- Student Code of Conduct and Rights & Responsibilities
|9:00AM-3:00PM||Validation and Check-in, Location: ALUMNI MULTIPLEX||Students must be cleared by admission, financial aid, bursar, and housing before they can enroll and move into their housing assignment.|
|3:00PM||Official University Welcome||All new students and families must attend this opening program.|
|4:00PM||Parent and Family Orientation||Parents/Family learn how to navigate Wilberforce University to support their student's success.|
|5:00PM||Welcome to the Neighborhood|
|6:30-7:30PM||Residence Life Meetings|
|2020||Mandatory New Student Orientation Begins!||All new students must participate in New Student Orientation.|